The days are getting shorter; before I know it, it’s dark outside! It’s always bittersweet to see the summer days end, but I know I can look forward to a season I have always loved. Autumn Days. Bittersweet… like good chocolate!
Peeking around the corner will be a new season. Fluttering leaves with amazing color, crispy cool mornings and warm sunshine afternoons! That sweet apples-in-the-air aroma, home cooking, and football! And… more sewing!
And above all, I am thankful. For all of you, for our blessings in life; our friends, a home, our jobs, families and our country… and the freedom we enjoy like nobody else in the world.
The Bittersweet Give-A-Way!
1. Comment to this post. Tell me what you love about the Fall Season! Or your favorite football team. Or even how you found this blog! It’s all good!
2. Post a link to this post on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, or any of those social thingies. Then come back & leave a comment with the link that you did so, for an extra chance to win.
3. Become a follower to my blog, leaving a comment that you did so for an extra chance to win.
4. Limit three comments per person.
5. Give-A-Way ends Sunday evening, September 4th, at midnight. Winner’s names will be posted Monday, September 5th.
6. One prize per person.
Here are the four prizes:
BIRCH LEAVES. Beautiful Leaves on my hand-dyed fabric, stenciled using Paintstiks. Cut it up for patchwork, fuse it; cut out the leaves for a project of your own, (like “Blue Autumn”) or make it into a wall hanging… or whatever you want! Apron? Great embellishment for a jean jacket, too… I loved the colors, and it was lots of fun to play with. I hope the winner will love it too. It’s about 9″x10″ or so.
A postcard. In honor of our gorgeous summer, from my “Jamaican Me Crazy” linoleum hand-carved stamp. Signed by me.
A new cone of RAZZLE DAZZLE thread. I hope you will be as “bedazzled” with this lovely thread as I am! This is a purple color with lime green in it. Beautiful!
The Grand Prize: BITTERSWEET. The new book from Nancy Halvorsen with a big splash of Autumn-themed goodies to create for the fabulous season around the corner! These are patterns that are fun and easy to make. They make for great backgrounds to practice your free motion color, and more!
I am thankful for all of you.