I don’t know why I didn’t get it quilted ~ but I know … it was meant for such a time as this.
That time is NOW. Time to get it out, unfolded, pressed, batted and quilted. In hope for Rowan… in faith and prayers for healing for this little boy, Rowan, or as he is being known now as, “Rowan the Fighter.”
Romans 4:18 teaches us about the faith of Abraham, where it says: “In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told…”
|From My Sketchbook…|
Time to Rally for Rowan! And Raffle! This twin-size quilt is part of a local effort, as community members; as the Body of Christ, as we all come together to help Rowan and his family through this time of medical, financial and prayer needs.
Rowan and his family live in a small farm and ranch community of Highwood, Montana, the home of less than 200 people (I’m guessing).
Rowan was diagnosed with a rapid onset of Acute Myeloid leukemia (AML) on April 17, 2012, . The cancer is in his bones, lungs, spinal fluid, the fluid around his brain and most of his other internal organs. At this time his heart shows to be one of the only things still cancer free.Rowan is undergoing chemotherapy treatment at the Colorado Children’s Hospital in Denver. Rowan’s family is clinging to their faith and HOPE in GOD during this difficult time and as their little boy bravely fights the battle. See updates about Rowan posted on Rowan’s Facebook page
For those of you who purchase raffle tickets from me, I am offering the prizes detailed below, from which I will choose FIVE names.
Prize #3: An Amy Butler Bag I made including two bag patterns:
And… you never know… I may add another prize (or two) depending on the response!
Here are the Details:
1. Only those who buy raffle tickets are eligible for this giveaway. Tickets are $3.00 each, or 4 for $10.00. No amount is too small…To enter the raffle and the MarveLes Giveaway, please write your check (no cash, please), to “Rowan the Fighter” and send it to me: Leslie McNeil at 2805 6th Ave No, Great Falls, MT 59401. In order for you to be entered into the raffle on time, I must receive your check by JUNE 25, 2012.
2. I will fill out the raffle ticket for you, and promise to get it in the raffle drawing for you, too.
3. The drawing for the “Yellow Brick Road” Quilt for Rowan will happen at the Highwood Community 100-year celebration on JUNE 30th.
4. I will post the winner of the Quilt Raffle, as well as winners of ALL of the “MarveLes” Prizes on July 1st, or as soon thereafter as possible.
5. If you prefer not participate in the raffle or the giveaway, you may also donate directly by sending your check to Rowan Flaten at P.O. Box 7, Highwood, MT 59450.
And most importantly, won’t you pray for this child and his family? And THANK YOU!
“Thank you Lord for the gift of precious baby Rowan. We thank you his sweet smile, for his family, friends, and all those who love him, and for the sweet moments you’ve given all of them, in caring for him, loving him, and praying for him. We ask in confidence, and hope, that the Doctors and all those who care for Rowan have your wisdom, and we ask for a miracle in healing for this sweet child. May his Mom and Dad and all their family have the strength they need to meet each new day as they turn their hearts towards you. We ask it in your Son’s precious name, Jesus. Amen.”
|From my Sketchbook…|